this blog is closing soon.... please follow me at www.heatherthomas.ca

Friday, 1 January 2016

365 New Opportunities


365 New Opportunities

Today is January 1st and with that people are making promises both to themselves and others. Resolutions to live healthier, better lives. Resolutions to move forward in creativity, in abundance, and in all the other things that make hearts thump in joy.

Though I have never liked the concept of a New Year’s Resolutions I have from time to time “resolved” to make shifts of my own. To me, these promises have always seemed to fleeting, like a floating helium balloon that without an anchoring string drifts away into the far blue yonder. I have found that a resolution without action, without commitment to a plan is like a helium balloon without a string. A year feels like such a long time when I am trying to change a pattern, habit or institute something new.

To me the start of a new year is like the start of another day. It is up to me to choose to make the most of what is placed in front of me. It is another opportunity to feel and express my gratitude and another opportunity to really enjoy and experience what shows up. The start of a new year is like the start of another day; it is another opportunity to be kinder to myself and to those around me, another opportunity to trust more deeply and to share my heart more freely.

A new year is about new beginnings. My belief is that a New Year’s goal doesn’t have to be difficult, firm or black and white. It doesn’t have to be about sacrifice or restriction. I offer up the consideration that we can have more than one new beginning, more than one fresh start. Why not start joyfully fresh each day?

Consider this:
365 new beginnings.
365 new days to start fresh helps make this whole concept of change and adjustment easier to handle, it is much more kind and gentle your body and mind.
And with forgiveness for the days that don’t go as planned, each one is anther opportunity to be even better (more loving and authentic) than you are today.

While I know that my immediate goals will shift from day to day, week to week, and month to month, I also know that the core of what I really want will stay the same. At this moment in time I yearn for even more gratitude, the felt sense of deep contentment and the enjoyment of each moment as it comes whether in pain or pleasure. I yearn for the sensation of trust in every cell in my body, the lightness of joy with every step and the continued inspiration to confidently push farther and harder in all my creative pursuits. 

Today has been great. I have taken steps in all the areas of my heart’s desires. This morning I sat to enjoy a cup of tea, spent time in contemplation and shared my gratitude and love with the planet, I took pleasure watching what showed up as I wrote and colored in my journal. This afternoon I enjoyed a winter walk with my beloved and now we are sitting at the kitchen table together, he is working on organizational tasks and I am sharing my heart through this writing. I look forward to even more delicious conscious connection with the people and things I love. I look forward to making a point of it every day and I am absolutely positive that 2016 is going to be a great year!


“Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.” ~ Jack Kerouac


__________

Heather Thomas is a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) specializing in CranioSacral Therapy and Healing from the Core/Full Body Presence. She is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (ERYT500) and the Directing Instructor for the Fort McMurray SOYA Yoga Teacher Training Program. She offers a number of different mentoring programs, classes and wellness opportunities. 

Website: www.heatherthomas.ca
Twitter: H3Connections
Facebook: H3Connections
Instagram: H3Connections