this blog is closing soon.... please follow me at www.heatherthomas.ca

Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Grace and Ease



Grace and Ease

What does it mean to move with grace and ease? Where does grace and ease fit in the world of too busy, too much and not enough time to get it all done in?  Well, it doesn’t. Not really. In fact, to move with grace and ease is exactly the opposite.

Grace and ease is in congruence with the real me, the inside me. It is in line with what my heart and soul want. For me, grace and ease are a concept by which to live my life the easiest and truest way I know how. Every time I get anxious or wrapped up about something in my world the best cure is to simplify, to let go of the thought that is keeping me up at night and to feel the sensations in my body. If my body feels tight then I am not at ease, if my body feels soft and relaxed then I am. It is that simple.

Grace and ease is a choice. It is a choice that I make moment to moment and day to day. When I approach moments of my day with an attitude of mindfulness and care, listening into what it is that I want or need and then following those sensations and impulses, then I am living in harmony with myself. When I get wrapped up in mind games, thought patterns and negative thinking I am not living from a state of grace or ease. In this state I am preoccupied, absorbed, distracted and often irritable. I don’t have time for those around me, I am less open to other ideas and I find my tolerance and patience are limited.

To take each moment as it comes and ride it out until it passes makes a difference. It helps me take the good with the bad, the easy with the hard, the joy with the sorrow, and the pain with the pleasure. Taking each moment as it comes helps me stay grounded and present and move more easily in harmony with both myself, and the world around me.

So what does it mean to move with grace and ease? It means that there is more time in my day, that there isn’t any rushing or pushing. To live with grace and ease means that I am open to other’s opinions and ideas and even more open to exploring my own thoughts and beliefs. When I am moving through my life with grace and ease, I am grounded and full in my physical container, I make healthier choices moment to moment and everything in my world becomes simple. There are no choices to make because I can clearly see what is right. It is a simple concept that when I am not in the throes of angst is easily understood. For those times when my feathers are ruffled, grace and ease do not come easily. I do know though that an emotion will pass in about ninety seconds and that with a little physical activity or journaling so will the negative voice in my head.

Want more Grace and Ease? Go back to the basics and KISS (keep it simple, silly)!

__________


Heather Thomas is a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) specializing in CranioSacral Therapy and Healing from the Core/Full Body Presence. She is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (ERYT500) and the Directing Instructor for the Fort McMurray SOYA Yoga Teacher Training Program. She offers a number of different mentoring programs, classes and wellness opportunities. 

Website: www.heatherthomas.ca
Twitter: H3Connections
Facebook: H3Connections
Instagram: H3Connections