Thursday, 11 February 2016

"Succulent Wild Love"



“Inviting someone into your boundaries is a privilege you give them. In a Succulent Wild
Love relationship it’s a privilege that never changes into a right someone can use to “tame” or limit you. This is what makes the boundaries beautifull.” Pg. 114


I absolutely love this excerpt from the “Succulent and Wild” Means Self-Lovingly Separate and Beautifull Boundaries chapter of SARK and Dr. John Waddell’s new book; "Succulent Wild Love - Six Powerful Habits for Feeling More Love More Often" (available through Amazon or New World Library: http://bit.ly/1WdRY6c.). I love it because it speaks to me about something that has always been a challenge to define and recognize within myself. Where do I stop and others begin? How big or successful can I allow myself to be and still be safe? What are my rights? What are my responsibilities?

For several years now, I have been consciously learning more about myself and working with boundaries and what they mean to me, where they can be strengthened and where they can be more flexible. A lot of my personal ah-ha’s and self-discovery have occurred through reading and writing (SARK's WINS writers classes). Some of the best insights though have taken place through healing energy and bodywork sessions. Working with my craniosacral and “healing from the core” colleagues, has helped me re-discover and remember pieces of myself that I once felt never existed.

“Inviting someone into your boundaries is a privilege you give them. In a Succulent Wild
Love relationship it’s a privilege that never changes into a right someone can use to “tame” or limit you. This is what makes the boundaries beautifull.” Pg. 114

This passage from SARK & Dr. John Waddell’s book is yet another way of affirming that what is right for me is right for me and that is all that matters. No reasons, rationalizing or excuses. Healthy, strong and flexible boundaries help me to move in and around my world authentically with grace, ease, joy and freedom. Knowing when to say NO to others and having the strength and conviction to do so, is the same as saying a huge YES to myself. My right is to feel safe, full, juicy and strong. My responsibility is to stand up for myself by standing up for my rights.

Often our closest relationships are the most challenging. I know people that can stand tall and firm in their decisions at work and at the same time become a doormat at home. Recognizing that in order to be healthy, happy, joyful and free, it is deeply important to be able to feel your personal limits and to have the strength to step away when the situation requires it.

It is my right to have safe, loving and supportive relationships in all areas of my life (including the relationship I have with myself) and it is my responsibility to keep strong, flexible and healthy boundaries. I respect myself more for doing so and because of this that others reflect that same sentiment back in my direction. Thank you SARK & Dr. John Waddell for this excellent reminder of an essential principle in living a healthy, happy and harmonious life.

Love and Light,

Heather.

__________


Heather Thomas is a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) specializing in CranioSacral Therapy and Healing from the Core/Full Body Presence. She is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (ERYT500) and the Directing Instructor for the Fort McMurray SOYA Yoga Teacher Training Program. She offers a number of different mentoring programs, classes and wellness opportunities. 



Website: www.heatherthomas.ca
Twitter: H3Connections
Facebook: H3Connections
Instagram: H3Connections